Thursday, May 28, 2015

Foray into Fabric

My first fabric collection is finally progressing and it has been quite a learning process for me! Concept and design has been the easy part, but technically, the execution has been tricky. I got some great help from a course I found from Pattern Observer's textile design lab. Got a quick study in the slice of Photoshop needed to put together the design and set up repeats.

This first project, for home furnishings, uses a client-driven concept based on shells, stones and seaweed found on the coast of Maine, using artwork done with watercolor.

Here are some of my painted elements and the first group of digitally printed test swatches. Hope to have the main collage design with two coordinating accent fabrics done soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment