Thursday, November 2, 2017

New England Folk Art- Weathervanes

I've been bringing my son to a homeschool class at the Museum of Fine Arts here in Boston, every Friday. They have a great program that consists of one hour of discussion in the galleries, followed by an hour of project time, centered around a weekly theme. I haven't spent much time at the MFA and I realize that it is now one of the highlights of my week. I tag along for the gallery portion and always encounter something I've never paid much attention to before. Then I have an hour to sketch and contemplate.

I really love the small collection of weathervanes, especially the animals. They are making it to some plates this week.


Weathervane Sheep Plate- #1, work in progress

Weathervane Goat Plate #2, work in progress



No comments:

Post a Comment